Stallholder TERMS & CONDITIONS
If accepted as a stallholder you -
- Will be responsible for ensuring all products comply with relevant Australian safetyand compliance standards and are fit for purpose. If you are unsure whether your item is safe to sell especially second hand items & child restraints please check:
- Will not be permitted to sell any item/items deemed by the Blue Mountains Baby & Kids Market committee to be unsafe, offensive, illegal, counterfeit or prohibited.
- May only sell items that are listed on your application, should anything be added on the day we do reserve the right to ask you to remove items that are not stated on your application. This is crucial at our market as we do our best to allocate according to application products. Any additions please email prior to market day.
- As we are an indoor venue - Must not cause damage, make alterations or additions, of any nature to the market site property, and that, if any damage is caused, the costs of any repairs will be oncharged to you This includes dragging items across the venue floor.
- Understand there may be stalls selling similar products, We will make all effort to limit this however as customers have different styles and budgets we will attempt to cater for all in attendance.
- Must report to the Blue Mountains Babies’ & Kids’ Market staff any incident or accident to any person or property that involves loss or could be expected to give rise to a claim.
- Must leave your site in a clean state and all rubbish must be removed and taken away by the Stallholder. Any stall space left in an untidy way will incur a cleaning fee on charged to you the Stallholder should the venue deem necessary.
- Have the responsibility to protect their own and others’ safety through Occupational Health & Safety practices.
- Are responsible for the security of all products and personal belongings
- Will be required to handle any complaints made to the Event Organiser regarding your stall or product. Should you not respond to the customer directly within 7 days the Event Organiser will pass your information onto the customer.
- Are in an emergency to comply with the appropriate staff member of each venue, and follow all directions given by them.
PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Payment is due within 7 days of your invoice date Unless your application is accepted within 30 days of the market date you are applying for, payment will then be required within 48 hours.
We will state the due date on your invoice for your convenience.
Should payment not be made we may offer your space to another applicant on our waitlist.
As we utilize indoor venues, we are subject to pay in advance for the hire of each venue, therefore we need to implement a cancellation policy.
If you cancel after payment has been made:
- 21 or more days prior to your confirmed market date you will be offered a transfer credit to another market date (subject to availability) or be offered 50% stall fee refund excluding any advertising costs.
- Within 21 days all fees become non refundable.
- Any cancellations within 48 hours of the market you are due to attend will not be entitled to any refund. (Added 6th November due to a high number of cancellations on market days)
Any cancellation regardless of timeframe due to weather will be non refundable as we do not cancel events due to being fully indoors.
Each cancellation must be in writing to email@example.com Should you need to cancel within 48 hours of the event please contact Amanda on 0414 453 035
Blue Mountains Babies’ & Kids’ Market will run rain, hail or shine unless weather conditions are deemed unsafe by the Organisers, Venue Management or emergency services. In the unforeseen circumstances that the market is cancelled due to circumstances outside of our control or lack of stallholders you will receive a credit to use at a future market.
PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED
We accept Bank Transfer (Preferred) or Paypal via invoice however all Paypal transactions will incur a $3.00 processing fee.
ADVERTISING WITH US AS A STALLHOLDER
All advertising material is to be uploaded via our Forms link sent through with your Payment Confirmation email by deadlines outlined in the Asvertising With Us section.
Any changes or updates to your Online Directory or Featured Business Page once your business is launched will incur a fee.
It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your business listing.
INSURANCES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
All Stallholders must hold Public Liability Insurance for at least $10 million. This is not negotiable & is a condition of our Event Insurer.
We can supply coverage at $12.00 per market day should Stallholders not have their own or havevyiur own with under $10 million coverage, exclusions apply below.
Stallholders whom have their own Public Liability Insurance are required to provide a copy of their Certificate of Currency at least 3 weeks before your market date, should you refuse to issue us a validated copy we reserve the right to cancel your stall space without refund. It would also be beneficial to yourself for you as a Stallholder to have Product liability on your policy although this is not a necessity.
It is a requirement of our agreement with our Event Insurer that we retain evidence of Public Liability Insurance for each Stallholder.
The below stalls MUST hold their own Public Liability policy for at least $10 million
- Electrical Goods / Tools
- Beauty / Massage / Chiropractic / Therapy Treatments
- Children's Entertainment & Activities
- Face Painters
On occasion we receive an application where we will need to check with our insurer, we will then advise accordingly.
If a claim is made, an excess may be payable by the Stallholder.
Our Public liability policy does not provide cover to stallholders “actual goods”. i.e. if your goods are stolen or damaged you would need to obtain your property insurance.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CERTIFICATE
Due to the nature of our Market & to ensure the safety of the community any stallholder who provides a service on the day that involves direct physical contact with children must upon request present a valid Working With Children Certificate along with their date of birth for verification. Failure to present this information will result in your application being declined.
The main stalls requiring this are
* Photographers who wish to take photographs at thier stall on the day involving children,
* Face painters
* Massage, Health therapists or beauty treatment Stallholders who will be offering any form of hands on therapy, treatments or service on the day on children
To clarify if you require this please contact us. Majority of stalls do not require this so please do not feel that we insist this on everyone.
ACCEPTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is a condition of our market that each Stallholder reads, understands & accepts Our Terms & Conditions that we are required to have under our Event Insurance. Any concerns please contact us.
The personal information requested on your application is being collected by Blue Mountains Babies’ & Kids’ Market to process your application. The personal information will be used solely by Blue Mountains Babies’ & Kids’ Market for that primary purpose. The applicant understands he/she may access or amend their information at any time by contacting the Event Organiser in writing. We will not hand your information out to third parties without your written consent unless you do not adhere to our complaint process outlined in our Terms & Conditions.